The theme this week on SUO Challenges is shaped cards. The challenge is ANY shape besides square and rectangle! What a fun challenge! Of course, you know that I get inspired by many things I see around in magazines and stores. When I saw this pillow on the back of Pier One’s catalog, I knew that it would make a fun shaped card!
- Cut two of the second from largest Ovals Framelits, one from Irresistibly Yours DSP and one from Whisper White. Score the Whisper White across one end approx 3/4″ down from the tip of the oval.
- Sponge the Irresistibly Yours DSP oval with Crisp Cantaloupe Ink…love how the flowers pop!
- Cut four of the second from smallest Oval Framelits from the Irresistibly Yours DSP, and also sponge with Crisp Cantaloupe Ink.
- Adhere two ears above the score line on the Whisper White oval, then adhere above the score line to the back of the body DSP oval to form the card. The ears will be sandwiched between the two layers.
- Trim off just a small sliver of the bottom of the two larger ovals so the card will stand upright easily. Adhere the legs to the inside of the DSP layer.
- Cut four five-petal Whisper White flowers from the Bouquet Bigz L Die. Crumple them and adhere together to form fluffy tail. Place a White button in the center to hide the holes. Adhere on large ovals for bunny’s tail.
- Stamp Happy Easter from Indescribable Gift stamp set with Tuxedo Black ink on 1/2″ scrap of Whisper White, cut flag ends and curl. Adhere center portion to bunny.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s shaped cards over on SUO Challenges! Some great ideas!