The theme this time over on SUO Challenges is Cards for Teens..how fun! I don’t have the need for many teen cards anymore…our sons and nieces and nephews are all adults now…but I’m sure I’ll have a need for one someday again and I know I don’t have many sitting around! So, I’m anxious to see all the ideas!
Here’s what I came up with! A milestone for most teenagers is learning to drive. In Ohio, they get their temporary permits at 15 1/2, but the permanent one is at age 16 and passing the tests. So…here’s a milestone 16th birthday card!
OK…isn’t that fun???? I took my colors from the Birthday Bash Designer Paper, love those little party hats printed on the paper! Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Tangelo Twist folded in half.
- The Night of Navy layer is 4 x 5 1/4 and a 2 x 5 1/4 piece of the Birthday Bash DSP is adhered along the bottom with the SAB Accessory Pack ribbon hiding the seam and adhered the ends to the back.
- The Whisper White license plate was cut 2 1/2 x 3 3/4, then added 1/2 x 3 3/4 strips of Crushed Curry across the top and Tangelo Twist to the bottom. The corners were rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder. The plate holes were punch 1″ from each side at the top and bottom with the 1/8″ Circle Punch.
- Hooray! from Hooray It’s Your Birthday stamp set was stamped along the Tangelo Twist with Night of Navy Ink.
- 6TEEN was cut from Night of Navy cardstock with the Perfect Print Alphabet Dies and added to the center…can’t you just think of HUNDREDS of sayings you could put on there? lol!
- I added the license plate to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals slightly off center.
- I used the Star Framelits (smallest and next smallest) with Tangelo Twist Cardstock to make the star and tucked it under the left side of the plate. Then I punched the small star from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and added it to the center for a little bling.
OK…what do you think? I already have another one in mind that I have to make and will show you it soon! Make sure to check out the rest of the Teen card ideas over on SUO Challenges!