This week’s challenge over on SUO Challenges REALLY challenged me! As I’m writing this on Monday during the day, the NCAA Basketball Tournament is down to two teams…Wisconsin and Duke who will play Monday night. Although Ohio State is my team of choice, my daughter-in-law is from Wisconsin and a big fan. So, I created a “way to go” card using Wisconsin’s team colors, Red/White and Black as big congratulations for beating Kentucky on Saturday! Woohoo! GO Big Ten! I’m HOPING that they win against Duke tonight!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Real Red.
- The next layer is 4 x 5 1/4 Basic Black cardstock.
- On top is a 2 x 5 1/4 Real Red Patterns DSP towards the left side.
- Way to Go from Bravo stamp set was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White, then cut with the Circle Framelit. It is layered on a Real Red Starburst Framelit with Stampin’ Dimensionals. In between I placed a 1/4 x 5 1/4 strip of Basic Black cardstock.
- Finally, I stamped Itty Bitty Punched Stars from Silver Glimmer Paper and added to the front.
A very simple card, but it meets the SUO Team Colors Challenge this week, even though it isn’t my beloved Ohio State colors…it is close! Check out what the rest of the Stampin’ Up! Only Challenge Design Team did this week!