Last time we had some issues with the website for SUO Challenges, so if you tried to view it, you may not have been able while it was off-line. But, it’s time for another SUO Challenge, this time our theme is Mother’s Day! Very timely as I need several for my Mother, Mother-in-law, and two Daughter-in-laws, one who will experience Mother’s Day for the first time! I pulled out my two favorite flower sets in the Occasions Catalog, Petal Potpourri and Mother’s Love!
I have always loved yellow, white and gray combination…one day I will do our bedroom in these colors! So clean and crisp looking! I also pulled out my embossing gun! I love the look of embossing, but I don’t use it as often as I should. White embossed on the yellow just pops! Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Daffodil Delight, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate, stamped with the mom greeting in Mother’s Love in Tuxedo Black ink.
- The Petal Potpourri flower was stamped three times with Versamark on Daffodil Delight and embossed with White Embossing Powder, then punched with the Flower Medallion Punch.
- One of the other Petal Potpourri flowers was stamped with Versamark and embossed with White Embossing Powder on Smoky Slate cardstock, then punched with the Flower Medallion Punch, too. It was cut up and used as leaves.
- The flowers and leaves were arranged on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
OK…did I say I love this color combination? Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team over on SUO Challenges this week and play along!