The theme this week over on SUO Challenges is “Your Favorite New Stamp Set”. Well, that was a hard choice for me. I have several that I seem to pick up all the time, mostly flowers, of course. But this set, You’re Sublime, has grabbed my heart. I went to bed last night thinking about what type of card to make with this set and woke up with this idea in my head! lol!
I kind of borrowed Mary Brown’s CAS style with this card, too! But, isn’t he too cute sitting on the lily pad?
Here are the details for you to recreate this card:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Pool Party, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, the splotches from Gorgeous Grunge was stamped twice with Pool Party Ink in the lower right corner.
- Then the Sassy Salutations greeting was stamped with Black Stazon next to it.
- The frog from You’re Sublime was stamped with Black Stazon on scrap Whisper White and watercolored with the Pear Pizzazz and Mossy Meadow Markers and an AquaPainter. He was cut out.
- The lily pad is the Extra Large Oval punched from Mossy Meadow cardstock, with a v cut out of one side. The flower is the Petite Petals Punch from Whisper White and the center is the Itty Bitty Flower from Daffodil Delight cardstock. A Perfect White Accent was colored with an orange Sharpie and added to the center.
- Both the lily pad and the frog were popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Super quick and easy, but lots of fun, don’t you think? Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team and see what their favorite new stamp set is!