Happy September!!! It’s time for another SUO Challenge and we are featuring Thinking of You or Friend cards! I’ve been making several of these lately due to several friends going thru cancer treatments and surgery. I’m thinking of them often and send off a card to cheer them up!
Isn’t the script font on the Watercolor Wishes Card Kit stamp set beautiful? I love the sentiments…and so worth buying the entire kit just to get those stamps! And…these leaves and acorn were actually leftovers from the Witches Hat Kit…but you could make more with the Leaflet Framelits and Acorn Punch.
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Early Espresso cardstock, folded in half to form base card.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake cardstock was embossed with the new Woodland Embossing Folder. A sponge dauber with White Craft Ink highlights the birch trees, then the Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Marker adds the details on the trees.
- The leaves were leftovers from the Witches Hat Kit, but are the same shape as the Leaflet Framelits in Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey and Cajun Craze cardstock. Soft Suede was sponged around the edges.
- The greeting from Watercolor Wishes was stamped with Early Espresso Ink on the large maple leaf. They were placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The acorn was stamped with Crumb Cake and Early Espresso Inks using the Acorny Thank You stamp set directly on the Witches Hit leftover acorn. (Or stamp and use the punch!)
- Gold Cording was tied in a bow around the acorn stem.
I loved how this turned out! Hope you do, too! Ok, make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges this time! They grab your stamps and play along!