Happy Groundhog’s Day! The theme this time over on SUO Challenges is Happy Birthday! I need lots of birthday cards over the next few weeks, so I’m excited to see the ideas! I pulled out Birthday Blooms (actually, it was already on my desk), and made this up for a sweet friend. I actually MISSED her birthday last month, so it did go out late…but I hope she doesn’t mind. She is actually getting to celebrate a little longer! lol!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Pink Pirouette is embossed with the Delicate Dots folder.
- A 1-1/2 x 4 strip of Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper was placed across the center.
- The Birthday Blooms flower image was stamped with Black Archival Ink on Shimmer White Paper and watercolored with Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron and Garden Green Stampin’ Write Markers and an AquaPainter.
- Happiest of Birthdays to You was stamped on Whisper White with Black Archival Ink and punched with the 2-1/2 Circle Punch, then added to the front.
- Melon Mambo cardstock was punched with the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch, then adhered under the DSP and white circle.
- The flower was made with the Petite Petals punch from Pink Pirouette cardstock, the center with the Blossom Punch from Melon Mambo cardstock and a Perfect White Accent added to the center.
- The stamped flower was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals!
OK…make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team to see what they did with the Happy Birthday Challenge this time, then grab your stamps and play along!