We have a neat challenge this time over on SUO Challenges…black and white with a POP of color! How fun is that? My mind was busy trying to figure out what I’d use, but then my new Thoughtful Branches Bundle came in and I just HAD to break it in! My inspiration was a beautiful BRIGHT PINK tree that I saw…it was gorgeous and I had never seen anything like it.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Basic Black, folded in half to form the base card.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, a 1 x 3-3/4 strip of the Chevron pattern from Pop of Pink Specialty Paper was added to the bottom, the a 1/4 x 3-3/4 strip of the diagonal pink stripe pattern was placed across the top on a diagonal.
- The tree and branches were cut with the Beautiful Branches Thinlet Dies from Basic Black cardstock.
- The top blossoms from Thoughtful Branches stamp set were stamped with Melon Mambo Ink on Melon Mambo cardstock, then cut with the leaves thinlet die. I carefully added Foam Strips behind the leaves to pop it up from the branches.
- You’re in my Thoughts from Thoughtful Branches was stamped with Memento Black Ink in the upper right corner.
- Some Rhinestones were scattered in the background.
Isn’t it amazing what Mother Nature can do? That’s it for me…now check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team over on SUO Challenges to see what the others did with this challenge!