Today’s challenge at SUO Challenges is using our favorite retired cardstock or designer paper. Of course, I had to give a nod to my favorite retiring in-color, Mossy Meadow…and combined it with another retiring favorite color, Blackberry Bliss. So sad to see these go! I also used Butterfly Basics stamp set that I haven’t pulled out in a while…but it does remain in the new catalog!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Blackberry Bliss, folded in half.
- A 1-1/4 x 5-1/4 piece of English Garden DSP is added to the right side of a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake.
- A 1/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Blackberry Bliss cardstock hides the seam.
- The Whisper White is cut with the Lots of Labels Framelits, then stamped several times (stamping off, too) with the fern from Butterfly Basics using Mossy Meadow Ink.
- Linen Thread is wrapped around a couple times and tied with a bow on front and added to the base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two butterflies were stamped with Blackberry Bliss ink on Whisper White, then punched with the Bitty Butterfly Punch and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Pearls were added for the bodies.
- Finally, the greeting from Butterfly Basics was stamped with Blackberry Bliss ink in the upper left corner.
That’s it! Check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Team to see what they did this week!