I was inspired by a card I saw on Pinterest and I’ve been wanting to make it for a LONG time with Stampin’ Up! materials, but haven’t had the need for a wedding card. When I saw the theme for the SUO Challenge this time was bride and groom, I knew it would be perfect to make it now.
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Basic Black, folded in half.
- Across the top of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, a 3 x 5-1/4 layer of Shine On Specialty Designer Paper was layered on top (can you see the silver stripe…subtle, but I love it!)
- The 1/8″ Silver Ribbon was placed across to hide the seam and secured it in back.
- Forever Begins Today from Suite Sayings is stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink in the lower right corner.
- The “pearl necklace” for the bride was made with graduated sizes of the Perfect White Accents. (Tip…start at the larger bottom one and work up to the smaller ones).
- The “bow tie” for the groom was punched from Basic Black cardstock with the Bow Builder Punch, then added to the front with Mini Glue Dots. Two Perfect White Accents are the “pearl buttons”.
That’s it…pretty easy, but lots of fun for a wedding card, don’t you think? OK…make sure to check out what the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team did with this challenge…then come play along!