OK….here’s another sneak peek of a Holiday Catalog stamp set! Our theme this time on SUO Challenges is “Cute and Cuddly”. I just think this sweet teddy bear in the upcoming Christmas Cookie Cutter stamp set is as cute and cuddly as you can get! I knew immediately that I wanted to use it! And…since grandbaby #3 is coming next week (and it’s a boy!), I needed to make this one a baby boy card!
This also shows off the new Cable Knit Embossing Folder! Since my mom knits and my mother-in-law crochets, I can’t wait to make them a stack of cards to use with their gifts! Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Mint Macaron, folded in half.
- On top the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White is embossed with the Cable Knit Dynamic Embossing Folder (it is extra thick!)
- I thought the pattern in Blooms & Bliss Designer Paper looked like a knit pattern, so cut it with the Layering Circle Framelits and adhered to one of the Scalloped Circles cut from Dapper Denim.
- A 1 x 4 panel of Mint Macaron was stamped with the “for Baby” greeting in B.Y.O.P. with Dapper Denim ink and adhered across the front.
- The teddy bear in Cookie Cutter Christmas stamp set was stamped with White Craft Ink on Crumb Cake cardstock and immediately heat embossed with White Embossing Powder, then punched with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch.
- The face was stamped with Black Stazon on top, although the eyes were a little too light because it was a slick surface. I ended up punching circles with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch from Basic Black cardstock and adhering them over the stamped eyes, then using the retired White Gel Pen to highlight them (WHY did we get rid of those?)
- I added the bear with Stampin’ Dimensionals to the circles and the circles to the base card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, I cut the little bow tie from the same DSP and added it with a Rhinestone Jewel in the center.
That’s it! Check over on SUO Challenges to see what the rest of the Design Team did with the cute and cuddly challenge this time! Then come play along!