The theme this week on SUO Challenges is Fall Fun (SUOC160). One thing I like to do is get maximum benefit from my stamps. I had Santa’s Sleigh on my desk from another project and wondered how the tree would look colored for fall! I also got to use the fun Labeler Alphabet to personalize the words!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Crumb Cake, folded in half.
- On each side is 3/4 x 5-1/4 strip of Petals & Paisleys Designer Paper.
- In the center is a 3-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Whisper White stamped with the tree from Santa’s Sleigh with Memento Black Ink.
- I used a Blender Pen with Delightful Dijon and Cajun Craze Ink Pads (squeeze the top to collect the ink) and colored. The trunk was done with Chocolate Chip Ink Pad. Some “grassy” area was also added at the bottom to ground the image.
- The trio of pumpkins from Spooky Fun were stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White and colored with the Blender Pen and Pumpkin Pie Ink, then cut out and placed along the bottom of the tree.
- Happy Fall letters from Labeler Alphabet stamp set were individually stamped with Chocolate Chip Ink and cut out, then added across the top.
- Some Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added to the top of the tree.
So…what do you think? Did I succeed in using Santa’s Sleigh stamp set for a fall card? I think so! Make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team’s creations this week over on SUO Challenges, then grab your stamps and play along! Here are the products I used: