The theme this week on SUO Challenges is Things That Fly! Wide open interpretation on this one! I decide to use Dragonfly Dreams Bundle…I hadn’t used the little bee yet! Because I liked how this turned, this is also a sneak peek of one of the cards we will be doing in my Dragonfly Dreams Bundle class tonight!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Delightful Dijon, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 3-3/4 x 5-1/4 piece of Whisper White was stamped with the dotted image int he bottom left and top right corners with Delightful Dijon Ink several times. It was added to the front right side of the base card.
- The 1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Urban Development DSP was added to the left side.
- The largest Stitched Shape Oval was cut from Delightful Dijon cardstock and embossed with the Hexagon Embossing Folder. The insides were sponged with Delightful Dijon ink to give them some definition.
- Linen Thread was wrapped around and tied in a bow, then the oval was added to the front of the base card.
- The bee was stamped with Memento Black Ink, and cut with the Bee thinlit in Detailed Dragonfly Thinlit Dies.
- A 1/2″ Punched Crushed Curry Circle was added behind the body and a quarter of another 1/2″ under the head, then layered on Whisper White cardstock and hand cut around the outside. It was added to the oval with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped along the bottom with Memento Black Ink!
OK…check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team to see what they did with the Things That Fly challenge this time! Then play along!