We are continuing Create with Connie and Mary Preview Week! Today we have another Design Team Member, Melissa Davies, showing you a FREE TUTORIAL for her Preview Project! You can also find out how to get BLOG CANDY today…a drawing for a free subscription to Create with Connie and Mary. And…while you are there! Make sure you sign up for the Summer Collection! We start on Sunday and you are going to LOVE the projects this time…lots of projects you can easily complete in 2 hour class time, and more card sets as you requested! This is the last week for Early Bird Pricing…for $19.95 US, you can save $5 off the regular $24.95 price for 4 weeks and 24 step-by-step photo tutorials…way less than $1 each!
Melissa loves vintage, so I decided to make my card in a vintage style with black and vanilla! The Timeless Talk just went with this perfectly!
Here are the details. If the layout looks familiar, I used a similar layout earlier this week on my Flower Shop card!
- I started with a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Very Vanilla cardstock, folded in half to make a base card.
- Next I embossed the 4 x 5 1/4 Basic Black with the Honeycomb folder, it is hard to see in this photo, though!
- I used the new Decor Label framelit and stamped the victrola from Timeless Talk in Black Stazon on Very Vanilla, then cut off the bottom.
- I stamped Happy Birthday and the speech bubble in Black Stazon and cut it out and placed on the front.
- Across the top, I added a 1 1/4 x 5 1/4 strip of Modern Medley Designer Paper. I like how the music print compliments this image!
Simple, but I think the black and vanilla color combination is classic vintage. Again, don't forget to stop over to Create with Connie and Mary and check out all the fun FREE PREVIEWS this week…and take the opportunity to leave a comment for the BLOG CANDY drawings each day!