The theme for Quinn’s birthday was her Tutu dress and PINK, so I made up this card to match her theme.
Of course, I forgot to take a photo of her card at home and had to snap a quick picture with my phone! Grrrr…it really is SO cute and wish I could have captured it better!
I actually used the tulle from the pom-poms I made for Allie’s Baby Shower before she was born! Glad to get a second use out of those! Here are the details:
- The base is 7 x 10, folded in half to make a 5 x 7 card.
- The 4-3/4 x 6-3/4 layer of Pink Pirouette cardstock was embossed at the top with the Large Polka Dot Folder and the Happy Birthday greeting from the hostess set, Happy Birthday, Everyone, was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink along the bottom right side.
- I used the Dress Framelits (retired) and cut the stand from Melon Mambo, then cut off the bottom of the stand portion. I cut it again from Melon Mambo floral pattern in the Brights Paper Stack, then trimmed it to make a skirt.
- At the neckline, I added a string of pearls.
- I added some Tear & Tape to the waist and gathered the tulle fabric, then used some Pink Pirouette 3/8 Taffeta Ribbon (retired) to hide the gathering and adhered to the back.
- The 1 was cut from Melon Mambo from the retired Typeset Alphabet Dies and adhered to a 1-3/4″ Circle punched from Whisper White.
- The flowers were punched from Melon Mambo and Pink Pirouette with the retired BoHo Blossom punch and a Pearl added to the center!
Of course, the first thing Quinn did was try to get the tulle off the card! I had to do a little quick repair work! lol! Stinker! I love how it turned out and it was quite appropriate for a little princess, don’t you think? Oh, Allie took the tulle skirt I made for her Baby Shower chair and added some teal tulle to it for Quinn’s high chair! They stripped her down before she ate her cake, but other than getting it in her hair, she really wasn’t too messy! lol!
We just opened the October Create with Connie and Mary Mini Session! It’s not too late to join! Here are the details…don’t miss out!
* Includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
* All FIVE projects are available once the mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
* Plus BONUS cards done by Connie and Mary throughout the month!
*Mini session is available NOW!
Sets used for this collection:
- Holly Jolly Greetings
- Vintage Leaves (or Lighthearted Leaves could be used!)
- Your Presents
- Happy Scenes
- Thankful Forest Friends
- BONUS: Reason for the Season