This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is “Travels and Adventures”. I love travelling and am so blessed to have visited MANY places in both the United States and in other countries!
You may notice that this week’s card uses the same sketch layout that we featured on Thursday! I had been going to use THIS card for Thursday’s Challenge, but decided it was a perfect fit for today’s blog hop!
DRIVING BY MEETS PARADISE PALMS
Stampin’ Up!’s Driving By stamp is one of the FREE options with $50 qualifying purchase that ends February 28th! It is SO cute and perfect for a variety of occasions! Make sure you grab one before the end of the month! And, of course, I had to have Paradise Palms, since I look out my window at Palm Trees every day right now!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 So Saffron cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Paper (another FREE Sale-A-Bration option) was added on top.
- A 3 x 3 piece of Pool Party cardstock was stamped with the greeting from Paradise Palms in Memento Black Ink and added to the front.
- A 1/2 x 3-1/2 strip of coordinating Sunshine & Rainbows DSP makes the “road” for the cute VW bus.
- The palm trees from Paradise Palms were inked with Old Olive and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Markers (NOT Blends!) and stamped on Basic White cardstock, then cut with the Palms Dies. They were added to the background with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The VW bus was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Basic White cardstock and colored with So Saffron, Pool Party, Light Smoky Slate and Light Basic Black Stampin’ Blends. It was hand cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of new Rhinestone Waves Jewels were added below the “road” for a little bling.
Didn’t that combination of sets work well for this theme? OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
And don’t forget to place your order for the FREE SALE-A-BRATION items, including this fun Sunshine & Rainbows Designer Paper, before they go away at the end of February! Click on my online store below to place your order!
Use HOST CODE: FFQJYT32
Create some winter magic with Stampin' Up!'s MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE! The delicate sprigs, berries and foliage combined with fine-line greetings promote winter's subtle beauty. Add a birthday, anniversary or get well greeting instead for an extra special message to warm up the cold weather months. Our MAGICAL MEADOW CARD COLLECTION features the MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE with the WINTER MEADOW DESIGNER PAPER. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX cards in this Collection! See more details HERE!
Celebrating a holly, jolly Christmas or any festive occasion is SO easy using Stampin' Up!'s MERRY & BRIGHT STAMP SET & DIES! Mix and match the word block greetings and use the two different types of lights for bright and colorful fun and instant cheer on your paper projects. Our MERRY & BRIGHT COLLECTION features the MERRY & BRIGHT BUNDLE with the MERRY BOLD & BRIGHT DESIGNER PAPER to make quick cards or decorations for any type of party. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX projects...four card designs AND two gift card holder ideas! See more details HERE!
Winter trees to Christmas scenes, our MERRIEST TREES COLLECTION has you covered! With multiple sizes of trees, presents, ornaments and stars that double as snowflakes, you won't run out of creative options using this set! We featured the MERRIEST TREES STAMP SET AND DIES with the A WALK IN THE FOREST DESIGNER PAPER to share the love of Christmas and the entire winter season. There are step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special project to use yourself, sell at craft fairs, or give away as a gift during the holidays! See more details HERE!