Hello! It’s time for the Control Freak Swapper’s monthly Tour de Freaks! We are glad you are visiting! I’m so glad I had time to play along this month…I’ve missed it! Our theme this month is “Free For All”…choose anything from the new catalog that we wanted to use! You’ve probably just come from Heidi Baks’ Blog…weren’t her projects fun? There are a total of 14 blogs on the tour this month, so continue on around until you get back here to make sure you viewed them all!
I wanted to use my brand new Sunshine Wishes Thinlet Dies and coordinating Sunshine Sayings stamp set. It is available as a bundle to purchase and save 10%. However, I ended up just using the Thinlet Dies with my Big Shot Machine…no stamping on here except for the greeting from Tin of Cards stamp set! How simple is that?
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Melon Mambo, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White cardstock.
- Along the left side is a 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Paper.
- The larger flower from Sunshine Wishes Thinlets was cut twice from Melon Mambo cardstock, then once from Cucumber Crush cardstock. The smaller image (is it a butterfly or is it a flower?) was cut from Daffodil Delight cardstock. I chose to use it as my flower center!
- The two Melon Mambo flower stems were cut off and then the flower tops placed mirror image of each other and adhered to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensional in the center.
- The Daffodil Delight center was added with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Two of the Cucumber Crush petals were cut away from the rest for the leaves and tucked under one side of the flower.
- A Happy Hello was stamped on the right side with Memento Black Ink.
- A Perfect White Accent was added to the center.
For the box, I used one of the Clear Tiny Treat Boxes and wrapped a 1-3/4 x 8-1/2 strip of Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Paper around the sides. On top I made another flower like the one on the card! Fill it with candy or a small gift!
Isn’t this a fun card and treat box? I love how the spindly flower turned out! OK…time to more on to our next stop, the fabulous Wendy Weixler’s blog! Enjoy the rest of the tour!