The theme over on SUO Challenges this week is “The Treat’s the Thing”. Of course, so close to Halloween, I naturally thought of Halloween treats so made my little holder with Stampin’ Up!’s Freaky Friends! Can you tell what I used? Yep! I used a portion of the Curvy Keepsake Box! Isn’t that fun?
Here are the details:
- I used Tangerine Tango cardstock and cut two pieces that were about 3 1/2″ wide and cut just the side of the box that had the loop handle at the top.
- I trimmed the bottom of both pieces so that I could overlap and adhere them.
- I used the Large Polka Dot Folder and embossed both sides with it. Inside the large circles, I stamped the eyes from Freaky Friends with Tuxedo Black Ink on the front and back.
- I punched a moon with the 1 3/4″ circle punch from Crushed Curry cardstock and sponged Tangerine Tango Ink around the edges, then stamped Ghoulish Greetings with Tuxedo Black Ink on it.
- I stamped the cat and two bats with Tuxedo Black on scrap Whisper White, then cut them out and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To close, I tied Black Bakers Twine around it and tied a bow.
- The holder will hold 1 or 2 mini candy bars like shown!
Isn’t this a fun and spooky treat holder??? I love using that Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlet in a little different way! Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s creations over on SUO Challenges!