This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is “Winter Birthday”. I have to admit, I make up the themes for our Saturday Blog Hops and I have no idea what I was thinking when I decided on that theme back in early December!
One of my favorite bundles in the new January-June 2022 Mini Catalog is the Paradise Palms bundle! Since we have a home in Florida, we spend most of the winter down here where it is nice and warm instead of cold and dreary Ohio! I thought it would be fun to send a warm and tropical birthday card to my daughter-in-law who has a February “winter” birthday!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pool Party cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White was added on top.
- A 1 x 4 piece of Sunshine & Rainbows striped DSP was added across the front.
- The 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 piece of Calypso Coral was cut with the Scallop Contour Die, then some speckles were “splashed” in the background by tapping a paint brush of watered-down White Craft Ink Refill against a hard surface and onto the cardstock. Let dry.
- The large palm tree and ground were cut from Basic Black with the Palms Dies and added to the Calypso Coral piece.
- A 1/4 x 2-3/4 strip of Pool Party cardstock was added across the front.
- Happy Birthday from Paradise Palms was stamped with Basic Black Ink on Basic White cardstock, then punched with the Double Oval Punch and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Iridescent Rhinestones were added to the palm tree for “coconuts”.
Very fun card for a “winter” birthday, don’t you think? OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: V3VR2RY9
Build your own pumpkin patch with these fun images in the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE! Mix and match the different sized pumpkins, sentiments, leaves and branches, including a little face for jack-o-lanterns and a friendly crow! The unique PICK OF THE PATCH BUILDER PUNCH helps you quickly punch these images from cardstock or designer paper. We featured the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE with the unexpected O HOLY NIGHT DESIGNER PAPER for some awesome night skies and jewel-tone effects! There are step-by-step instructions for THREE card designs (one a special fold) and a fall decor project! See more details here!
Check out these "jazzy" skeletons in the new BAG OF BONES BUNDLE! So many pieces to mix and max for personalized figures and scenes! Build a spooky scene with tombstones, bats, stars, and even a rickety picket fence using the BAG OF BONES DIES. This bundle is bone-a-fide fun with even a not-so-furry friend or two. Your Halloween crafts are sure to be eerie-sistible! We featured the BAG OF BONES BUNDLE with the THEM BONES DESIGNER PAPER for a spook-tacular collection! There are step-by-step instructions for TWO card designs and TWO treat holder projects! See more details here!
Fill your crate with delightful seasonal flowers and herbs to send good wishes to someone special with the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE! The fun RUSTIC CRATE DIES provide cute farmhouse crates, labels, hardware, and gardening gloves as accessories for your floral arrangements! Mix and match any of the sweet sentiments with any image for a personalized touch. We featured the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER! This tutorial has step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special gift project! See more details here!