Welcome to Create with Connie and Mary’s Creatively Simple Challenge! Each month Mary and I will pick a theme…we are kicking off the new year with the theme of “LOVE”. Time to get ready for Valentine’s Day, right? We’ll create a simple card every Tuesday in January using that theme!
PLAYING IN THE RAIN & FULL OF LOVE
- Base is 4-1/4 x 11 Flirty Flamingo cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 1-1/4 x 4 piece of Dandy Designs DSP (SAB) was added to the bottom of a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White cardstock, then added to the base card.
- a 1/4 x 4 strip of Flirty Flamingo was added above the DSP to hide the seam.
- The turtle from Playing in the Rain was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Basic White cardstock and colored with Light Flirty Flamingo and Light Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends. The flower was colored with Dark Daffodil Delight and Light Flirty Flamingo Blends.
- The turtle was cut with the Playing in the Rain Dies and then the flower hand-cut off of his hand.
- The letter image from Full of Love was stamped with Flirty Flamingo Ink on Basic White cardstock and hand-cut around the envelope. The turtle, flower and envelope were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Full of Love was stamped with Memento Black Ink in the background.
- A trio of pink 2021-23 In Color Opal Rounds were added to the background.
I think I’ll mail this to my grand-daughter for Valentine’s Day! She’ll like the pink and orange toned colors! Now to make cards for the boys! lol! Make sure to check out Mary’s Creatively Simple card over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Stamps: Playing in the Rain, Full of Love
Inks: Memento Black, Flirty Flamingo
Blends: Flirty Flamingo, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight
Cardstock: Flirty Flamingo, Basic White, Dandy Designs DSP (SAB)
Accessories: Playing in the Rain Dies, 2021-23 In Color Opal Rounds, Adhesives
Use HOST CODE: V3VR2RY9
Check out these "jazzy" skeletons in the new BAG OF BONES BUNDLE! So many pieces to mix and max for personalized figures and scenes! Build a spooky scene with tombstones, bats, stars, and even a rickety picket fence using the BAG OF BONES DIES. This bundle is bone-a-fide fun with even a not-so-furry friend or two. Your Halloween crafts are sure to be eerie-sistible! We featured the BAG OF BONES BUNDLE with the THEM BONES DESIGNER PAPER for a spook-tacular collection! There are step-by-step instructions for TWO card designs and TWO treat holder projects! See more details here!
Fill your crate with delightful seasonal flowers and herbs to send good wishes to someone special with the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE! The fun RUSTIC CRATE DIES provide cute farmhouse crates, labels, hardware, and gardening gloves as accessories for your floral arrangements! Mix and match any of the sweet sentiments with any image for a personalized touch. We featured the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER! This tutorial has step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special gift project! See more details here!
The single and multi-leaf images in the AUTUMN LEAVES BUNDLE give you a lot of different looks for your card making, scrapbooking, gift packaging or elegant tags! Use the stamp images alone or combine with the detailed leaf veins, awesome shaped labels, and stand-alone leaf dies! Celebrate the fall season by sharing your creations using the thankful greetings to express joy and gratitude. We featured the AUTUMN LEAVES BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER for a colorful outdoorsy look! There are step-by-step instructions for SIX projects...four card designs and two sweet favor projects! See more details HERE!