I knew right away I wanted to use Bear Hugs…one of the stamp sets I’m using in an upcoming Mini Session! I had an idea of making different types of bears! So…here’s my version of a brown bear, a panda bear and a polar bear…all together to celebrate a birthday!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Gray cardstock.
- On top of that is a 3-3/4 x 5 layer of the Sale-A-Bration Designer Paper, Perfectly Artistic…it has sort of a “sky” look to it. Along the bottom is a 1 x 5 piece off Pear Pizzazz and 1/8″ Silver Ribbon wrapped around and secured in the back.
- For the brown bear, I stamped with Black Archival Ink on Whisper White and watercolored with Chocolate Chip Marker. The nose and ears I used the Crumb Cake Marker.
- For the panda bear, I inked up the ears, arms, legs and around the eyes, nose and chest with a Basic Black Marker and stamped on Whisper White
- For the polar bear, I inked up the edges with Smoky Slate Marker and the nose, eyes and mouth with Basic Black marker then stamped on Whisper White.
- They were all cut with the Bear Hugs Framelits and added to the “ground” with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from Suite Sayings was stamped with Basic Black in the upper right corner.
- The Banner was punched from Pear Pizzazz and added to the left top corner with a Perfect White Accent in the center.
Ok…what do you think? Like my bears? I have a couple more cards using them coming up to show you, too! I made several when I was playing around with them! Next up is my good friend, Mary Brown…or go back to see what Melissa Davies has done!