Every year I re-cover a calendar to have on my desk to keep track of my classes and activities. I remove the ugly vinyl cover and add cardstock and designer paper. This year I couldn’t resist using the Botanical Blooms stamp set, framelits and Botanical Garden Designer paper. Did you know that ALL of that comes with the Bundle for only $51.75???!!! Stampin’ Up! added the DSP to the bundle for this one! Makes sense because it is a perfect match!
Of course, I took all my colors from the Designer Paper. Here are the details:
- I measured the front and back of the calendar then covered the front and back with Hello Honey cardstock, leaving about 1″ uncovered along the folded edge.
- I cut the bottom piece of Botanical Gardens Designer Paper and adhered over the cardstock. Then used a 1/2″ strip of coordinating designer paper to cover the seam.
- The Cajun Craze band was cut 3″ wide and scored down the center at 1-1/2 so that it would fold along the edge easily and hide the uncovered part. I used Tear & Tape on this piece because of all the movement it will get.
- The 2016 numbers from Large Numbers Framelits were cut from Gold Glimmer Paper and adhered above the DSP.
- The veins in the leaves were stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink on Mossy Meadow Cardstock, then cut with the Botanical Builder Framelits.
- Flowers were cut from Whisper White, Pool Party and Cajun Craze cardstock, then assembled around the numbers. I LOVE that several of the flowers are “cut” so they have more dimension and pop out!
- I used the Perfect White Accents for the centers. In the large flower I colored it with a Black Sharpie Marker.
It will be so much fun to look at my calendar all year around and enjoy this design! SO much better than that vinyl black cover!
Do you want even MORE details on using Occasions and Sale-A-Bration stamps and supplies?
We are getting ready for our JANUARY 2016 MINI SESSION with projects using stamp sets from the new Occasions Catalog and Sale-A-Bration brochures! Get some great ideas for your January, February and Spring classes! You are going to LOVE these! PLUS check out the VALENTINE SPECIAL BONUS below!
Sets we are using for the January session, opening January 11th:
- Flowering Fields
- Botanical Blooms
- Apple of My Eye
- First Sight
- Beautiful Ride
- What I Love
- Easter Lamb
- Balloon Celebration
- Party Wishes
- Pyramid Pals
plus BONUS VALENTINE project