Wow! It’s time for another Tour de Freaks blog hop! The theme this time is Love or Valentines…perfect timing, huh? You’ve probably just arrived from the fabulous Julie Davison’s blog. Love her fun projects, didn’t you?
When deciding what to do for this tour, I knew I wanted to use the Hello Life stamp set. It really is so much more than a Valentine set! I love that large “do more of what makes you happy” greeting! But, since our theme is Love or Valentine’s, I went with the obvious hearts and paired it with the Stacked with Love Designer Paper Stack. Here’s my little duo of projects!
I also adore the new Bow Builder Punch…I’ve used it a couple ways on my projects. The card has the simple bow and the top of the box has a package bow! Both are SO easy to make! Here are a few details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11, folded in half.
- Crumb Cake layer is 4 x 5-1/4
- The heart DSP is 2-1/4 x 4 with a strip of coordinating DSP sized 1/2 x 4 to hide the seam.
- The script Love was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink along the bottom.
- The small polka dot heart was stamped with Real Red and hand-cut (no punch or framelit that size…bummer!)
- The “happy” greeting was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Real Red and cut with the Heart Framelits and added to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Stacked with Love DSP was punched twice with the Bow Builder Punch and put together with Mini Glue dots and added to the bottom of the large heart.
The Tiny Box was so quick and easy to make, too!
- All four sides were covered with the 1-3/4 x 1-3/4 squares of the diagonal stripe in Stacked with Love DSP.
- On the sides and back, 1/4 x 1-3/4 strips of coordinating DSP were adhered across the center.
- Four hearts were stamped…two in Calypso Coral (striped heart) and two in Real Red (polka dot heart) on Whisper White and hand-cut, then placed with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The front DSP was stamped with the script Love in Tuxedo Black, and an additional Red Glimmer Heart was cut with the small Heart Framelit.
- A rhinestone jewel on the front heart added a little bling.
- The top uses four of the Bow Builder Punches from Stacked with Love DSP. The tails were added to a 1″ circle with Mini Glue Dots and then staggered the looped bows on top of them. A 7/8″ Scallop Circle punched from the same DSP covers the ends on the circle.
- For some bling, a Facet Jewel was tied with White Bakers Twine and added to the center of the bow, then added to the top of the Tiny Box with Stampin’ Dimensionals!
Such a sweet little wrapped package for someone you love!
Make sure to continue on around the rest of the Tour de Freaks! Some great ideas! Next up is Patty Bennett with more wonderful Love ideas!