This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is Easter favors! I seem to always wait until the last minute to do my table favors. This sweet little box designed by Brenda Quintana was just too cute not to recreate for this Easter favor blog hop!
These little boxes are made from the label in the Hippo & Friends Dies (I know! I’m obsessed with these Dies right now!) and will hold quite a bit of candy! But I refused to go buy any Easter candy this soon. I will just EAT it and I’m trying to be good! I’ll wait until the day before Easter and grab something for these boxes, then make sure none stay at my home! lol!
- Two of the largest shaped labels in Hippo & Friends Dies were cut from So Saffron cardstock for the top and bottom. They were embossed with the Painted Texture Embossing Folder.
- The top side of the box is 2 x 10-3/8 Hand-Penned Designer Paper, scored at 3/8 on the short side and 3-1/4, 5, 8-1/4, 10 on the long side.
- The bottom side of the box is 2 x 10-1/16 Basic White cardstock, scored at 3/8 on the short side and 4-7/8 and 9-3/4 on the long side, FLIP 180 degrees and then score at 2 and 6-7/8.
- Fold all the score lines, adhere the short tab to the opposite of each and then add the DSP to the top label and the Basic White to the bottom label.
- Add 1-3/4 x 3-1/4 piece of matching DSP to bottom of Basic White box to finish the bottom on the inside.
- The daffodil from Daffodil Day was stamped on scrap Basic White with Memento Black Ink and colored with So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends. It was cut with the Daffodil Dies.
- The Easter sentiment was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Basic White, then cut with the small Hippo & Friends Die. They were added to the top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Matte Decorative Dots were added to the background.
Here are a few photos of the steps:
Well, only about 15 more of these to make for Easter dinner! I think I’ll do them up in a variety of Easter egg colors! Great way to use up some retiring designer paper…you can get 6 from each 12×12 sheet! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: V3VR2RY9
Check out these "jazzy" skeletons in the new BAG OF BONES BUNDLE! So many pieces to mix and max for personalized figures and scenes! Build a spooky scene with tombstones, bats, stars, and even a rickety picket fence using the BAG OF BONES DIES. This bundle is bone-a-fide fun with even a not-so-furry friend or two. Your Halloween crafts are sure to be eerie-sistible! We featured the BAG OF BONES BUNDLE with the THEM BONES DESIGNER PAPER for a spook-tacular collection! There are step-by-step instructions for TWO card designs and TWO treat holder projects! See more details here!
Fill your crate with delightful seasonal flowers and herbs to send good wishes to someone special with the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE! The fun RUSTIC CRATE DIES provide cute farmhouse crates, labels, hardware, and gardening gloves as accessories for your floral arrangements! Mix and match any of the sweet sentiments with any image for a personalized touch. We featured the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER! This tutorial has step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special gift project! See more details here!
The single and multi-leaf images in the AUTUMN LEAVES BUNDLE give you a lot of different looks for your card making, scrapbooking, gift packaging or elegant tags! Use the stamp images alone or combine with the detailed leaf veins, awesome shaped labels, and stand-alone leaf dies! Celebrate the fall season by sharing your creations using the thankful greetings to express joy and gratitude. We featured the AUTUMN LEAVES BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER for a colorful outdoorsy look! There are step-by-step instructions for SIX projects...four card designs and two sweet favor projects! See more details HERE!