This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is Easter favors! I seem to always wait until the last minute to do my table favors. This sweet little box designed by Brenda Quintana was just too cute not to recreate for this Easter favor blog hop!
These little boxes are made from the label in the Hippo & Friends Dies (I know! I’m obsessed with these Dies right now!) and will hold quite a bit of candy! But I refused to go buy any Easter candy this soon. I will just EAT it and I’m trying to be good! I’ll wait until the day before Easter and grab something for these boxes, then make sure none stay at my home! lol!
- Two of the largest shaped labels in Hippo & Friends Dies were cut from So Saffron cardstock for the top and bottom. They were embossed with the Painted Texture Embossing Folder.
- The top side of the box is 2 x 10-3/8 Hand-Penned Designer Paper, scored at 3/8 on the short side and 3-1/4, 5, 8-1/4, 10 on the long side.
- The bottom side of the box is 2 x 10-1/16 Basic White cardstock, scored at 3/8 on the short side and 4-7/8 and 9-3/4 on the long side, FLIP 180 degrees and then score at 2 and 6-7/8.
- Fold all the score lines, adhere the short tab to the opposite of each and then add the DSP to the top label and the Basic White to the bottom label.
- Add 1-3/4 x 3-1/4 piece of matching DSP to bottom of Basic White box to finish the bottom on the inside.
- The daffodil from Daffodil Day was stamped on scrap Basic White with Memento Black Ink and colored with So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends. It was cut with the Daffodil Dies.
- The Easter sentiment was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Basic White, then cut with the small Hippo & Friends Die. They were added to the top with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A trio of Matte Decorative Dots were added to the background.
Here are a few photos of the steps:
Well, only about 15 more of these to make for Easter dinner! I think I’ll do them up in a variety of Easter egg colors! Great way to use up some retiring designer paper…you can get 6 from each 12×12 sheet! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: VB9JV42Q
Create some winter magic with Stampin' Up!'s MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE! The delicate sprigs, berries and foliage combined with fine-line greetings promote winter's subtle beauty. Add a birthday, anniversary or get well greeting instead for an extra special message to warm up the cold weather months. Our MAGICAL MEADOW CARD COLLECTION features the MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE with the WINTER MEADOW DESIGNER PAPER. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX cards in this Collection! See more details HERE!
Celebrating a holly, jolly Christmas or any festive occasion is SO easy using Stampin' Up!'s MERRY & BRIGHT STAMP SET & DIES! Mix and match the word block greetings and use the two different types of lights for bright and colorful fun and instant cheer on your paper projects. Our MERRY & BRIGHT COLLECTION features the MERRY & BRIGHT BUNDLE with the MERRY BOLD & BRIGHT DESIGNER PAPER to make quick cards or decorations for any type of party. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX projects...four card designs AND two gift card holder ideas! See more details HERE!
Winter trees to Christmas scenes, our MERRIEST TREES COLLECTION has you covered! With multiple sizes of trees, presents, ornaments and stars that double as snowflakes, you won't run out of creative options using this set! We featured the MERRIEST TREES STAMP SET AND DIES with the A WALK IN THE FOREST DESIGNER PAPER to share the love of Christmas and the entire winter season. There are step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special project to use yourself, sell at craft fairs, or give away as a gift during the holidays! See more details HERE!