This week for our Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions Blog Hop, our Design Team will be featuring the Tiny Treat Boxes in the Holiday Catalog! You’ve probably just come from Deb Currier’s blog…don’t you love her inspiration?
In addition to the Tiny Boxes, our Design Team will be using the stamp set they featured this week for their card set…but remember, only subscribers to our Holiday Card “Create”tions can see the EXCLUSIVE card sets! My featured set was Letterpress Winter! I combined it with the All Is Calm Designer Paper for a soft, wintery look! But first…here is a little bit of information about the Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014 session:
We are just finishing up Week 2 on our Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014! We have done one week of Halloween/Fall card sets and will be two weeks of Christmas! It’s not too late to join and you won’t miss anything…you can refer back to the projects 24/7 for up to a year! For only $19.95 US, you’ll get over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and sign up!
Here’s what I came up with for my Tiny Treat Box project this week! I combined TWO of the boxes (they come 25 to a package for $6.95 US), adhering them back to back, then wrapping the All Is Calm Designer Paper around it.
Didn’t it turn out cool? And, the recipient can get TWO treats in one special package! I used the Silver Glimmer for some extra special bling!
Here are the details:
- The base are two Tiny Treat Boxes. I cut off the side flaps of each box, then adhered them together with strips of Sticky Strip.
- I cut a 2 x 12 strip of All Is Calm Designer Paper. It ALMOST fit all the way around, but left about a 1/4″ gap. I cut another 1 x 2 piece and placed it over the gap to hide it. I buried it on the back side, so it is barely noticeable. I also cut two 2×2 squares for the top of the boxes.
- I wrapped the Lost Lagoon Satin Ribbon around the middle and adhered the ends in the front.
- For the decorations, I stamped the medium sized snowflake with Lost Lagoon Ink on Soft Sky cardstock and punched with the 2″ Circle Punch. I punched the 1 1/4″ Scallop Circle Punch three times from Silver Glimmer Paper.
- I embossed the smallest snowflake with White Embossing Powder twice on Lost Lagoon cardstock and punched with the 1″ Circle Punch. I also stamped For You with Lost Lagoon ink on Whisper White and punched with the 1″ Circle Punch. I placed all the snowflakes and circles together with Stampin’ Dimensionals and adhered to the boxes.
- I added Rhinestone Jewels to the center of the snowflakes and on the sides of the For You greeting.
Inside I’d fill with a couple treat-filled cello bags before giving it as a gift! Lots of fun surprises could fit in these 2×2 Tiny Treat Boxes! Now continue on around the Holiday Card “Create”tions blog tour by stopping by Natasha Zandbergen’s blog for her wonderful idea!