Wow…it is the last day of our Holiday Card “Create”tions over on Create with Connie and Mary! I really can’t believe how fast these 3 weeks have gone by! I know our subscribers have loved the card set ideas and tutorials they received! And, it’s not too late for you to join! Stop by Create with Connie and Mary for more details! You’ll get over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas…and have access for up to a year, 24/7!
Today, we have our last Blog Hop for this session…this time we are using the set we featured this week PLUS one of the Petite Cafe Bags in the Holiday Catalog! You’ve probably just come from Deb Currier’s Blog…love her Petite Cafe Bag don’t you? Make sure to click the link at the bottom to take you around to all the Design Team ideas!
I used Newborn King for my card set this week so here is the design that I came up with for my Petite Cafe Bag to coordinate with the card set!
Here are the details:
- I stamped the word Merry from Cheerful Tags randomly on the bag using Cherry Cobbler Ink on the front and back sides.
- I folded the top down after filling it with goodies, then added a 1 1/2″ x 8″ strip of Under the Tree Designer Paper, adhering it just at the top and around to the back about 2″. I cut the bottom with a flag end. Doing it this way I can open the bag just by flipping up the banner and opening the tab.
- Next, I cut a strip of 1 x 5″ Gold Glimmer Paper, then cut it in half so that the bottom was cut with a flag end and tucked under the Label Framelit, and the top tucks under the top of the Label Framelit and around to the back. I saved a little bit of Gold Glimmer Paper that way!
- I stamped the partial image of The Newborn King with Black Stazon Ink and used my AquaPainter and Markers to watercolor the image. I cut it with a Circle Framelit and layered it on the Cherry Cobbler Label Framelit. That was popped up on the front of the banner with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped the star with Crushed Curry ink on Soft Suede and punched it with the Small Oval Punch, then placed it on front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Make sure to continue on around the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Hop to see all the fabulous bags our designers did this week! Next stop is Natasha Zandbergen!