Woohoo! It's time for the first Create with Connie and Mary's Holiday Edition 2012 challenge! We are challenging our subscribers to use this sketch and come up with their own creation. Those who participate will be entered into a drawing for a FREE subscription to the NEXT Create with Connie and Mary edition! But…you do need to be a subscriber to win.
It's not too late to join! We are just at the end of Week 1, you can access all the previous projects from this Halloween week PLUS be the first to see the new ones coming up! We are getting ready to start our FALL theme week…then 3 weeks of Christmas. A little bit of something for everyone! Join us today…for $29.95 US and over 30 step-by-step photo tutorials…what do you have to lose?
So here is our sketch for this week!
And here is my Googly Ghouls card…yes…one more time! This time I combined it with a little bit of punch art! My Punch Class made this cauldron last year around this time! But…see the little eyeball in the bubbles? Isn't that SPOOKY fun???
So…here are the deets!
- Base card is Pumpkin Pie cardstock
- Layered on Elegant Eggplant that I ran thru the Big Shot with the Spider Web folder, then highlighted with White Frost Shimmer Paint
- Cut the gray polka dot banner strip from Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP
- Punched a 2 1//2" Circle of Pumpkin Pie cardstock
- The cauldron is from the Decorative Label punched from Basic Black and the legs of the cauldron is the Owl Punch turned upside down. I sponged around the edges with White Frost Shimmer Paint.
- Bubbles are the cupcake punch frosting punched from Very Vanilla and sponged with Lucky Limeade
- I added an eyeball made with the 3/8" Circle Punch and 1/4" Circle, with the Googly Eye inside
- I stamped the witch and bat from Googly Ghouls in Basic Black, colored with Stampin' Write markers and cut out, adding Googly eyes to each.
- Finally, I stamped Happy Halloween from Teeny TIny Wishes on Lucky Limeade and cut a flag end on it.
Isn't that a FUN card? I love it!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary…you are going to LOVE their Halloween cards! And while you are there…make sure to sign up so you can play along!