Continuing on with our theme of techniques for our Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Hop, Debbie Henderson selected watercolor backgrounds for our topic this week! I had a LOT of fun with this one! You’ve probably just come from Deb Currier’s blog…love her card, don’t you?
When getting ready to design my card, I knew I wanted to use Stampin’ Up!’s Big On You stamp set as the focal element. I thought it would be perfect with the watercolor background!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Tangelo Twist cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic Black cardstock.
- On the 3-3/4 x 3-3/4 layer of Watercolor Paper, the larger swash from Work of Art was stamped in Daffodil Delight, Tangelo Twist, Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo, then spritzed with water until the colors ran.
- After it dried, I stamped the Big On You greeting with Versamark and embossed with Black Embossing Powder so it POPPED off the background colors! It was adhered to the right side of the Basic Black. On the left is a 1-1/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Sweet Taffy Designer Paper. A piece of Tangelo Twist Ribbon hides the seam and is secured in the back.
- The Pansy Punch was used on Daffodil Delight and layered with a Petite Petals Punch of Tangelo Twist and the Itty Bitty Accents Flower of Melon Mambo. A pearl in the center finished it off. The Pansy Punch was used again on Old Olive cardstock and cut into pieces for the leaves.
I love how bright and cheerful this card is, don’t you? Make sure to continue around the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Design Team Blog Hop to see the rest of the watercolor background ideas! Mary Brown is up next!