Now that the Create with Connie and Mary Card “Create”tions Celebrations session is over, we are back to our regular Design Team Blog Hops! This month our theme is techniques. Mary selected Bokeh backgrounds for this week’s technique. Bokeh means unfocused and is frequently used as a photography term. I have been wanting to try it for some time and this was the perfect opportunity!
You’ve probably just come from Deb Currier’s blog, didn’t you love her card?
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Bermuda Bay, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, the sea fan from By The Tide was stamped with Mossy Meadow ink in the lower right corner.
- The 3-3/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Whisper White was colored with Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay and Wild Wasabi, then the circle template was used with White Craft Ink on top.
- The two background fish were stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on the Bokeh background and it was placed on the front of the base card.
- Pear Pizzazz 1/8″ Ribbon was wrapped around to the back of the Whisper White and adhered.
- The foreground fish was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, then colored with Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay and Crumb Cake inks, then cut out and placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used a White Gel Pen to add a dot to the eyes.
- The greeting Best Dad Ever from And Many More was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink.
- Finally, three Bermuda Bay sequins were added to the Bokeh background piece for some extra bling.
OK…continue on around the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Tour to see what Mary Brown’s Bokeh card looks like!