It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This week we are featuring the In Color, Cucumber Crush, on our cards!
But first, our new AUGUST MINI SESSION opened on August 19, but it’s not too late to join! The next stop at Create with Connie and Mary website will give you more details and a chance to sign up!
Have you ever started a card and it was going along great until you added one more element? Now…normally, I would scrap it and start over…but it really wasn’t a throw-away…so I’m showing it here! lol! My Among the Branches card was sort of spooky looking even with the bright Cucumber Crush…until I added the leaves in the tree branch, then it kind of got too tame for a Halloween card. And…I wanted some eyeballs in the background, but didn’t think they would work. Tell me what YOU think!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cucumber Crush cardstock, folded in half.
- Across the bottom of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White is 1-1/2′ x 5-1/4″ strip of In Colors Patterns Collection.
- A 1/8″ x 5-1/4 strip of Black Glimmer Paper hides the seam.
- The tree branch from Among the Branches was stamped with Basic Black Archival Ink in the upper right corner, along with the black Crow…then those darn Cucumber Crush leaves were added. lol!
- Spooky was stamped with Basic Black Archival Ink on Whisper White and punched with the 2″ Circle Punch, then layered on a Cucumber Crush Designer Label that was cut in half and adhered to each side.
- Two Rhinestones were colored with a Black Sharpie Pen and added to the label sides.
- The eyes in the Spooky image were colored with Cucumber Crush Marker.
So…spooky or tame??? OK…next up on the Blog Hop is the Create with Connie and Mary website where you can sign up for our NEW AUGUST 2015 mini session, then continue on over to Mary’s blog!
Stamps: Among the Branches
Inks: Cucumber Crush, Basic Black Archival Ink
Cardstock: Cucumber Crush, Whisper White
Accessories: In Color Patterns Collection Paper Stack, Black Glimmer Paper, Rhinestones, 2″ Circle Punch, Decorative Label Punch