This month Create with Connie and Mary is bringing back the music of the 80s!!! Here’s our third song that will get stuck in your head! This week it is the 80’s song “Every Rose Has It’s Thorns”…of course…it is cards with flowers! One of my favorite sets, Healing Hugs, is the one I went with for my card and I love Peace roses, so I went with that color scheme!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Poppy Parade cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 3-3-1/4 x 3-3/4 Whisper White panel was stamped in the upper left and lower right corners with the abstract design in Poppy Parade Ink. It was layered on a 3-1/2 x 4 piece of Mango Melody cardstock.
- The Rose from Healing Hugs was inked with Mango Melody and then sponged with Poppy Parade Ink along the edges and stamped on Whisper White cardstock.. It was hand cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaves were inked three times with Granny Apple Green Ink, then Shaded Spruced was sponged around the edges and stamped on Whisper White cardstock. Then all were cut out and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and cut with the Stitched Labels Framelits, and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. One of the leaves was added below it.
- A small piece of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle ribbon was tied in a knot and added under the rose with a Mini Glue Dot.
Isn’t that striking? I think so! Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team’s creations and THEIR “Every Rose Has It’s Thorns” card by continuing on with the blog hop…they will have some wonderful ideas! Next up is our Create with Connie & Mary website and then Mary Brown and her creative design!