It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and it’s the last week for our theme of techniques! This time our designer, Deb Currier, chose using Vellum techniques on our creations! I know I don’t think about using Vellum on my cards, so was glad to have the opportunity to pull my stash out! You’ve probably just came from Deb’s blog…didn’t you love her card?
I used a new set from the catalog you’ve been seeing, You’ve Got This, along with a couple new In Colors, Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush. The vellum is such a pretty look with this image!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11, folded in half.
- The top Whisper White layer was cut to 4 x 5-1/4 and cut with the Project Life Cards and Labels Framelit. Then the corners were rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder. It was also embossed with Delicate Dots Folder.
- The Cardstock Vellum layer was cut just slightly smaller and corners rounded. The You’ve Got This flower was inked with Versamark and then embossed with White Embossing Powder.
- On the back, the flower was colored with Blushing Bride Marker, then Watermelon Wonder Marker accents colored in, then covered over with Blushing Bride Marker again to smooth out the lines. The same was done with Mint Macaron and Cucumber Crush for the leaves and stem. The center was colored with Delightful Dijon (do these new in-colors make anyone else hungry???) lol!
- The Vellum layer was adhered to another Whisper White layer cut to the same size and corners rounded.
- The top “frame” was added to the Vellum layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals, and then placed on the front of the card.
- Hello Thinlet was cut from Sahara Sand, a piece of Watermelon Wonder 1″ Ribbon was tied thru the loop in the H, then added to the front with Multipurpose Glue.
OK…that’s it for my vellum card…make sure to continue around to all the Design Team Members to see what they’ve done! Next up is Mary Brown, my good friend and partner!