The theme for this week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Design Team Blog Hop is Metallica! Using any of the fun metallic products that Stampin’ Up! offers! Could be metallic cardstock, vellum, twine, buttons, etc. So…I used a combination of different types!
But first, you can see Create with Connie and Mary has a new look…and that means a NEW session! We’re doing a MINI Session featuring sets in the new catalog! Check out the details on Create with Connie and Mary and for a sneak peek snippet of the projects we’ll be doing!
Ok, here’s the card…I did some fun paper piecing! There are THREE layers on my camper and it is made from the Silver Metallic Cardstock so it looks like metal!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Soft Sky, folded in half.
- Next layer is 4 x 5-1/4 Whisper White, with a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Silver Polka Dot Vellum on top. (TIP: Place glue dots under the metallic dots to hide them on the front!)
- Across the front is a 1 x 5-1/4 strip of Brights Pattern Designer Paper Stack.
- Next, I stamped the little camper from You’re Sublime three times. First on Silver Metallic Cardstock with Black Stazon, then on Whisper White cardstock, then on Pool Party cardstock.
- The Pool Party was cut with the Circle Framelit. The windows and door were cut from the Whisper White camper, colored with Real Red, Smoky Slate and So Saffron Markers, then adhered over the Silver camper. The Silver Camper was cut out and placed over the Pool Party camper. The wheel was colored with Smoky Slate Marker and the flag with So Saffron and Real Red.
- The Pool Party Circle was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Silver Metallic Button was tied with White Baker’s Twine, then added next to the circle on the front.
Isn’t that SOOOO fun? I love the metallic camper! It’s so shiny in real life!
OK…make sure to follow on to the next stop, our Create with Connie and Mary website, where you can find out more about our NEW Mini Session…you don’t want to miss it! Then continue around the blog hop! Enjoy!