Hello everyone! It’s time for another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Did you hear our news? The May Create with Connie and Mary Mini Session will be delayed opening until May 18th so that we can offer projects featuring the NEW catalog preorder items! So exciting! I was able to get my hands on some of the Premiere items featured at On Stage Convention and am having fun playing with those, too! Today is the last week that we are featuring the retiring In Colors…Tangelo Twist is this week! I love this bright orange and will really miss it, especially around Halloween time!
My card this week turned out a little more Mossy Meadow that I had anticipated. I’m at a stamping retreat this weekend and realized that I had made the wrong color card for this week’s blog hop. But, I have limited Designer Paper supplies here and no DSP with Tangelo Twist. So, I let the flower in Best Thoughts, one of the retiring hostess sets, be the pop of Tangelo Twist color I needed.
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Tangelo Twist folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, I added a 1-1/4 x 4 strip of English Garden Designer Paper along the bottom and 3/4 x 4 strip of the same across the top.
- The 1/8″ piece of Gold Metallic Ribbon is wrapped around to the back to adhere and hide the seam.
- The flower from Best Thoughts was stamped on scrap Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then the flower colored with Tangelo Twist and Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Write Markers. It was hand-cut and added to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used the Clear Wink of Stella to highlight the entire flower. Wish you could see the pretty sparkle it gave the flower.
- Finally, a little bit of 1/8″ Gold Metallic Ribbon was tied around the stem and Best Thoughts greeting stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink.
OK…next up is Mary Brown! Check out what she came up with for the Tangelo Twist color challenge this week! Or head backwards to Melissa Davies!