It’s the end of Week 3 of the Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2014. Just like summer, it is going by MUCH TOO FAST! We had fun doing Card Set Tutorials this past week…each Design Team Member chose a new stamp set to feature! Great ideas! It’s not too late to join! All the projects will be available for a YEAR after the session ends so you can refer back to them 24/7!!!
Every Saturday we have a challenge to end the week…this week it is a very fun Sketch Challenge…and everyone is welcome to play along!
Here’s my card…I haven’t used In This Together stamp set very much…I thought the sketch was perfect for it! The background angles give it a whimsical touch!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- I’m not even going to try to give you measurements, but I cut a piece of Sweet Taffy Designer Paper on an angle, then a piece of Melon Mambo cardstock on an angle for the background. Then I cut another design of Sweet Taffy 3/4 x 4 1/4 to go across the bottom.
- I stamped the two girls from In This Together with Black Stazon and used my AquaPainter and Stampin’ Write Markers in Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie…outlining the edges a little darker.
- I cut them out with the Circle Framelits and layered it on the next largest size of Rich Razzleberry Cardstock. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped the greeting with Black Stazon on Melon Mambo cardstock and punched with the Banner Punch, then layered on a larger piece of Rich Razzleberry cut with a flag end.
- Finally, I added a sprinkle of Rhinestone Jewels for the “rain” above the umbrella!
Very fun stamp set and designer paper to go with the whimsical sketch, don’t you think? Make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did with this fun sketch over on Create with Connie and Mary today!