JOIN US for a BRAND NEW venture with creative card ideas
using holiday and winter stamp sets from the Main and Holiday Mini catalogs!
* Over 45 EXCLUSIVE cards with 15 stamp sets featured!
* 3 week mini edition
* October 28 thru November 17
* Printable supply lists & measurements
* 24/7 access
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Elizabeth Price, Debbie Henderson and Deb Currier are joining us!
Create with Connie and Mary
Card "Create"tions Edition
Only $19.95 US
We now use Fastwagon for our processing, you should immediately receive a Digital Order email with a link to a downloadable Welcome letter with your passwords! Thank you!
It's time for another Thursday Challenge on Create with Connie and Mary! It's a sketch this week, and a FUN one at that! As usual, I'm amazed at our Challenge Team and how many different looks they can make with one sketch.
In my opinion, Winter Wonderland is one of the cutest "winter" theme stamps we've had in a long while. I like that they aren't Christmasy…just wintery ideas! Hmmm, maybe I should use this set for my Christmas cards. I always do a snowflake or snowman theme, but this sort of fits, don't you think? In fact…I really like this card…maybe I should use it for my card this year!
OK…here are the details!
- The base of the card is Cherry cobbler, cut 4 1/4 x 11 and folded in half.
- The layer of 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White I ran thru the Big Shot on only the top half with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- I added the 2 x 5" strip of Snow Festival Designer Paper diagonally across the Whisper White, then trimmed off the extra on the sides.
- I stamped Happy Christmas from More Merry Messages in Cherry Cobbler under the DSP.
- Cut the Apothecary Accents piece from Cherry Cobbler, layer on a rectangle of Silver Glimmer paper inside.
- Stamp the ice skater image with Black Stazon. I used my AquaPainter and Gumball Green, Cherry Cobbler, Blush Blossom (face), Pink Pirouette (cheeks) and Bashful Blue (snowflakes & ice) to color.
- I punched with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch, then layered on a 2" Gumball Green circle.
- Finally, I added Rhinestone jewels to her hat and the top and bottom of the Apothecary Accent piece.
Although this definitely is Christmas themed, change the colors and greeting for any winter occasion!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with the sketch over on Create with Connie and Mary. Then grab your stamps and play along! We love to see what you do!