This week we have a fun sketch challenge for you. It's really a quick type sketch! I've ended up making 3 different cards using it! The first one was the get well card I made for Shelli a week or so ago that you might remember. Then I made another fall card for this challenge…then decided that I would switch it out with a Winter card since we just opened up Early Bird Savings for our WINTER Collection of Create with Connie and Mary! Have you seen our new look? Check it out over on Create with Connie and Mary!
I used Snow Day for my Go Divas swap the other day and had one of these snowman left over. I cut him out and placed him in a snow bank to show the divided background. I also extended my card to regular size instead of the square card shown in the sketch! Love the flexibility! He also sparkles with Dazzling Details!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- A layer of 4 x 5 1/4 Cherry Cobbler was added, then a 3 3/4 x 5 layer of Pool Party, embossed with Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- I tore Whisper White for the snowbanks.
- The snowman from Snow Day is stamped off Smoky Slate Ink, with a Coastal Cabana hat and Cherry Cobbler scarf, Basic Black face and buttons, plus Chocolate Chip stick arms and a Pumpkin Pie nose. He is cut out and popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I added Dazzling Details to the snow and the sides of the snowman.
- I stamped the greeting from Tags 4 You in Cherry Cobbler and punched with the Bracket Label Punch, then placed on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals
- I added a little bling with Rhinestones on the scarf knot and the greeting!
How FUN is he???? I'm thinking this might be my Christmas card this year if I can figure out how to streamline it a little bit!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! And while you are there, sign up for our new WINTER Collection 2013! We have some FUN projects lined up for you!
Did you see? We are starting the Early Bird signups for our Winter Collection on Create with Connie and Mary. It's all about Christmas and Winter projects! It's not too early to start planning those gifts and decorating and we have lots of GREAT ideas to help you! See more information over on Create with Connie and Mary!