Oops…that should be challenge SUOC84! I can't change the title now or the link will be broken! Our theme this time over on SUO Challenges is anything with Snow or Snowflakes! That's pretty easy for me, since I love them both and ALWAYS buy snow themed stamp sets! I had an idea in my head for a while to incorporate the word SNOW with the Snow Day snowman…here's the result! OK…I think it is clever! lol!
I knew I needed to use a little longer card so the words wouldn't be squished (technical term) together too badly, so I made a 3 x 6 size. With our new Envelope Punch Board, making an envelope will be a snap…and completely mailable! Here are the details:
- The base Island Indigo cardstock is cut 6×6 and folded in half to make the 3×6 card.
- I embossed the 2 3/4 x 5 3/4 layer of Soft Sky with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- Along the bottom, I tore a couple strips of Whisper White to make the snowdrifts.
- I stamped the snowman day with Smoky Slate (stamped off to make it lighter) with Smoky Slate Ink on scrap Whisper White, then cut him out. The scarf is Real Red, nose is Pumpkin Pie, face is Basic Black, and arms are Chocolate Chip Inks. He's popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals and I trimmed off the excess on his bottom.
- For the hat, I cut a 1" square of Basic Black and angled the sides a little. I brushed the top with a little Whisper White Craft Ink. I cut another 1 1/4" strip of Basic Black for the hat brim. Then I trimmed a small piece of Red Glimmer Paper for the hat band.
- The letters were cut with the Typeset Alphabet Dies and Silver Gliimmer Paper.
- Finally, I added some Dazzling Details Glitter to the snowdrifts and his body for extra sparkle!
I love how this turned out! I'm thinking of making a few of these for my family Christmas cards this year! I won't make 75 of them…but maybe a dozen or so!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team did with this theme over on SUO Challenges!