“I’m dreaming…of a White Christmas”…well, no…definitely NOT me. But this Stampin’ Up! set would really put you in the mood, wouldn’t it? I must admit. I bought this set, then stared at it for a month. Just didn’t know what to do with it! But, I pulled it out to see if I could get some inspiration. Today’s Create with Connie and Mary Sketch Challenge seemed like a perfect time to use it!
And here is my card. Don’t you love the diagonal panel on the front? Gives it a touch of whimsey! I also let the All Is Calm Designer Paper do most of the work!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Soft Sky, folded in half.
- Ii cut a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Smoky Slate Printed DSP in the All Is Calm package, then tilted it slightly on the front and cut off the excess at the sides and top.
- I also cut banners of DSP at 1 1/2 x 4 3/4 and 1/2 x 4, cut a flag end and added them to the front.
- I stamped a single tree and cardinal from White Christmas stamp set with Black Stazon on Whisper White, then used Sahara Sand, Soft Sky and Real Red Markers to color.
- I stamped the snow flurries image and Soft Sky ink in the sky several times. I cut it with the Circle Framelit and then layered it on Smoky Slate cardstock. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For some bling, I used a trio of the Frosted Sequins.
- I stamped the greeting from White Christmas with Black Stazon in the lower right corner.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary to see what they did with the sketch!
Did you see? We’re getting ready to start a NEW Holiday Collection 2014 over on Create with Connie and Mary that is full of gift ideas, home decor and 3D project tutorials perfect for your stamp camps and classes! We’re using Christmas and Winter products from Stampin’ Up!’s Holiday Catalog. Don’t miss out on Early Bird Pricing…save $5 off the regular $29.95 price! Get over 24 projects for only $24.95 US! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!