It’s THURSDAY and we have a fun color combination for you to try for this week’s Create with Connie and Mary Challenge!
I used the Nordic Noel Designer Paper because it has these colors in it…made the card come together pretty quickly!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Baked Brown Sugar folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Garden Green.
- On top of it is a 4 x 4 piece of Nordic Noel Designer Paper. I hid the seam with the 1″ Cherry Cobbler Linen Thread that adheres around in the back of the Garden Green.
- To make stamping the large focal element easier, I used a large block and lined up the two houses from Holiday Home with the strand of lights between them and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White.
- I used Stampin’ Write Markers and AquaPainter to color the houses and lights.
- I stamped the evergreen 3 times with Garden Green and Chocolate Chip trunk, cut them out, then adhered to the front. The two evergreens I cut and used just the tops to make shrubs.
- I stamped the Wreath with Garden Green, then hand-drew the bow with Real Red Marker.
- Finally, I stamped the greeting with Real Red ink!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with the Color Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary. Then grab your stamps and play along!
We’re getting ready to start a NEW Holiday Collection 2014 over on Create with Connie and Mary that is full of gift ideas, home decor and 3D project tutorials perfect for your stamp camps and classes! We’re using Christmas and Winter products from Stampin’ Up!’s Holiday Catalog. Don’t miss out on Early Bird Pricing…save $5 off the regular $29.95 price! Get over 24 projects for only $24.95 US! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!