We have a really fun challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! We switched it up a little due to the upcoming Christmas holidays and thought we’d have a “Make a Gift Card Holder” theme this week! It can be any style holder…check out what the Challenge Team did…they are all VERY different!
I personally give some gift cards at Christmas, but I also like to dress them up a little! For this one, I used the Gift Card Envelope Thinlet for the holder, but added it to a card front! I designed a simple version of this sweet little angel for my tag class this week…but I’ve embellished her even more for this project by giving her sparkling Glimmer Wings and Confetti Stars on her dress, plus her hair in a bun! lol!
A few details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 Whisper White. On top is a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Hello Honey.
- The Santa & Co. Designer Paper is cut 3 1/2 x 5 1/4.
- Whisper White was used with the Gift Card Envelope Thinlet and I cut off the smaller side, then sealed the edges of the envelope on 3 sides. I punched a partial 1″ circle on the open end so the gift card would be easy to pull out.
- I wrapped the Daffodil Delight Striped Ribbon around the gift card tightly, then tied it closed with White Bakers Twine.
- The Angel base is Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper cut with the Star Framelit. I also cut the same size star from Hello Honey and cut away the top and two side points to make her dress. The arm sleeves are the Word Window Punch in Hello Honey and her hands in Blushing Bride. I cut a sliver of the Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper to make the trim on her sleeves.
- Her head is a 1″ Circle of Blushing Bride with a 1/8″ Circle of Real Red for her mouth and I drew on the eyes with lashes. The hair is the 1″ circle cut from Chocolate Chip and a 1/2″ punched circle for the “bun”. The halo is a piece of 1/8″ Gold Ribbon.
- I used the Confetti Punch with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper to punch our the stars and adhered them to the front of her dress randomly.
- Then I popped up my angel on the front of the gift card envelope with Stampin’ Dimensionals and stamped the greeting from Christmas Bliss with Basic Gray ink on the envelope.
When you pull on the ribbon, the gift card slides out!
Didn’t she turn out sweet? I was so happy with the tag I made for my Tag Class, that I just knew I had to use her again! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary and get some great ideas for gift card holders!