It’s Thursday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a color challenge this week! I have to admit…I had trouble shifting my mind from Fall and Christmas colors that I’ve been working with for classes and clubs…to using these bright summer-type colors! But…I did manage to incorporate them into a Christmas card! See what you think!
So here’s my card…using a pretty pink-toned poinsettia! I also added Gold Accents…I figured it could be considered a neutral…and lots of White space to tone down the bright colors.
Here are the details to recreate this card:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White, folded in half.
- On the 3-1/4 x 4-3/4 piece of Whisper White, the greeting in Reason for the Season was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink. The top is punched using the Project Life Corner Rounder. It is popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Across the front of the card is a 1-1/2 x 4-1/4 strip of Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Paper, then a 3/4 x 4-1/4 strip of Calypso Coral cardstock is added to the center of the DSP.
- I stamped the Reason for the Season petals with Watermelon Wonder Ink on Blushing Bride cardstock and punched 9 large petals, 6 small petals and 3 double-center petals with the Festive Flower Punch, then sponged color on the petals with Watermelon Wonder and Calypso Coral Inks.
- I spaced and adhere the petals to a 1-3/4 circle of Blushing Bride (it doesn’t show), and shaped the petals as I added layers.
- I punched two more petals of Gold Glimmer Paper for the leaves and punched 1/4″ Circles from Gold Glimmer Paper for the center of the poinsettia. They were added with Mini Glue Dots.
- The Poinsettia was added to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
So…what do you think? Did I succeed in turning these colors into a Christmas card? lol! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!