It’s time for a sketch challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! Hmm, when I first saw the sketch that Mary designed…I kind of scratched my head! That’s a lot of little strips for a background and I thought DSP might be too busy, so I looked for a stamp that was that shape. Found one in the Touches of Texture stamp set I received on the Mediterranean Cruise Incentive Trip that I hadn’t used that I thought would be perfect!
What do you think?
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pool Party, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/2 layer of Whisper White, the lacy line background image was stamped three times with Pool Party Ink. I love that it gives off just a touch of color!
- The stem was stamped with Old Olive Ink and hello and the bee with Memento Black Ink.
- The flower outline was stamped with Memento Black Ink, then the petals were stamped once with Crushed Curry and once with Watermelon Wonder, the center was filled in with Pumpkin Pie Marker. It was hand cut and placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The bee was colored with the Crushed Curry Marker, then Clear Wink of Stella added to the wings and the tips of the flowers.
- Finally, a double strand of Pool Party Bakers Twine was tied in a bow and added to the front with Mini Glue Dots.
OK…make sure to check out the rest of the Thursday Challenge Team’s creations over on Create with Connie and Mary for some fun ideas!