Hello! It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! Today’s Color Challenge was kind of a no brainer to use the Hydrangea Haven Bundle…but I wanted to do something a little different!
I decided to give my Simply Succulents Bundle a little love! I hadn’t used the big background die yet…so I pulled out my new Blending Brushes and created a background for it!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Basic White, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the front, I used my Blending Brushes and Highland Heather, Just Jade and Seaside Spray Inks to “brush” on the colors.
- The 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Basic White panel was cut with the large Potted Succulents Die and added to the front with Monadhesive Glue.
- A 1 x 4-1/4 strip of Hydrangea Hill Designer Paper was added across the front.
- The label from the Potted Succulents Dies was cut from Seaside Spray cardstock and stamped with Memento Black Ink, then the outline flowers with Seaside Spray Ink in the background. It was blended around the edges with the Blending Brush. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The succulent was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Highland Heather and Seaside Spray cardstocks, brushed with Highland Heather or Seaside Spray Inks and cut with the die. The mother-in-law tongues were cut from Just Jade cardstock and sponged with Just Jade Ink. All were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Pastel Pearl was added to the label for a little bling!
Isn’t that pretty? I need to do those blended backgrounds more often! Go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this color combination over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Stampin' Up! has outdone themselves with this pretty fall set called Nature's Harvest! It has flowers, leaves, branches and some wonderful greetings and we love the detailed Harvest Dies! For this Collection, we've paired the NATURE'S HARVEST BUNDLE with the coordinating Harvest Meadow Designer Paper for an explosion of muted fall colors and fun designs! You'll get SIX card ideas and TWO easy 3D projects using this gorgeous bundle! That's a total of EIGHT tutorials! See more details here!
Aren't those sheep just the CUTEST? How on earth could you ever resist getting them! We couldn't wait to play with this set and build a card tutorial Collection for you that we know you will love! AND...best of all you can get the stamp set and dies for FREE during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration period! For this Collection, we've paired the COUNTING SHEEP STAMP SET and SHEEP DIES with the Border Basics Dies and Pattern Party Designer Paper for a bright and cheerful look! You'll get SIX card ideas using this fun bundle! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: KWK2ZCM9