Hello! It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! Today’s Color Challenge was kind of a no brainer to use the Hydrangea Haven Bundle…but I wanted to do something a little different!
I decided to give my Simply Succulents Bundle a little love! I hadn’t used the big background die yet…so I pulled out my new Blending Brushes and created a background for it!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Basic White, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- On the front, I used my Blending Brushes and Highland Heather, Just Jade and Seaside Spray Inks to “brush” on the colors.
- The 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Basic White panel was cut with the large Potted Succulents Die and added to the front with Monadhesive Glue.
- A 1 x 4-1/4 strip of Hydrangea Hill Designer Paper was added across the front.
- The label from the Potted Succulents Dies was cut from Seaside Spray cardstock and stamped with Memento Black Ink, then the outline flowers with Seaside Spray Ink in the background. It was blended around the edges with the Blending Brush. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The succulent was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Highland Heather and Seaside Spray cardstocks, brushed with Highland Heather or Seaside Spray Inks and cut with the die. The mother-in-law tongues were cut from Just Jade cardstock and sponged with Just Jade Ink. All were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A Pastel Pearl was added to the label for a little bling!
Isn’t that pretty? I need to do those blended backgrounds more often! Go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this color combination over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Click here for details!
Don't you LOVE a great tree set? We do! In this bundle, use the trees singly or build an entire forest! They aren't just for Christmas cards, this bundle can be used year-around to build a woodsy scene. For our Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s WHIMSICAL TREES STAMP SET and CHRISTMAS TREE DIES with the WHIMSY & WONDER DESIGNER PAPER to create three cards (one a special fold card) and a fabulous 3D project you can't wait to use...just in time for the holidays! See more details HERE!
Are you starting to get ready for the holidays? We are! And we love to get our Christmas cards done early! For this Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s ENCIRCLED IN WARMTH STAMP SET with the ENCIRCLED IN BEAUTY DIES to create a gorgeous set of EIGHT holiday card tutorials! The Red & Green Foil Sheets add shimmer and shine to the muted Peaceful Place Designer Paper and enhance the doily dies and festive greetings. Grab this Collection of EIGHT card tutorials today! See more details HERE!