Wow! First of December already!!! This year has flown by! It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. I love this color combination as an alternative to traditional Christmas colors!
And I’ve had this idea in my head to use the detailed Christmas tree and snowflake from Christmas Lights Stamp Set as an angel and this was the perfect time!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Fresh Freesia cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White cardstock was embossed with the Merry Melody Embossing Folder and added to the front of the base card.
- The tree from Christmas Lights stamp set was stamped with Versamark on Fresh Freesia cardstock and embossed with Silver Embossing Powder, then cut with the Twinkling Lights Dies.
- The snowflake from Christmas Lights stamp set was stamped with Balmy Blue Ink on Balmy Blue cardstock and punched with the Decorative Circle Punch, then cut in half for the angel wings. They were adhered behind the “dress”.
- The head was cut with the second to smallest Stitched Shapes circle die from Basic White and So Saffron cardstocks (sorry, I needed a natural hair color so added to the color combo). The So Saffron circle was hand-cut for hair and adhered to the Basic White circle. The face was hand drawn with the Basic Black Marker and cheeks with Fresh Freesia Stampin’ Blends.
- The halo was cut with the smallest Stitched Shapes circle from Silver Foil and added behind the head.
- The Iridescent Trim was tied in a bow and added to the “neck” with a couple Mini Glue Dots.
- Merry Wishes from Window Wishes stamp set was stamped with Balmy Blue Ink on 1/2 x 3 piece of Basic White and ends trimmed at an angle.
Yep…festive and FUN! Go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary
Stamps: Christmas Lights, Window Wishes (greeting)
Ink: Balmy Blue, Fresh Freesia, Versamark
Cardstock: Fresh Freesia, Basic White, Balmy Blue, So Saffron, Silver Foil
Accessories: Twinkling Lights Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Merry Melody Embossing Folder, Decorative Circle Punch, Iridescent Trim, Silver Embossing Powder, Adhesives
Use HOST CODE: V3VR2RY9
Check out these "jazzy" skeletons in the new BAG OF BONES BUNDLE! So many pieces to mix and max for personalized figures and scenes! Build a spooky scene with tombstones, bats, stars, and even a rickety picket fence using the BAG OF BONES DIES. This bundle is bone-a-fide fun with even a not-so-furry friend or two. Your Halloween crafts are sure to be eerie-sistible! We featured the BAG OF BONES BUNDLE with the THEM BONES DESIGNER PAPER for a spook-tacular collection! There are step-by-step instructions for TWO card designs and TWO treat holder projects! See more details here!
Fill your crate with delightful seasonal flowers and herbs to send good wishes to someone special with the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE! The fun RUSTIC CRATE DIES provide cute farmhouse crates, labels, hardware, and gardening gloves as accessories for your floral arrangements! Mix and match any of the sweet sentiments with any image for a personalized touch. We featured the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER! This tutorial has step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special gift project! See more details here!
The single and multi-leaf images in the AUTUMN LEAVES BUNDLE give you a lot of different looks for your card making, scrapbooking, gift packaging or elegant tags! Use the stamp images alone or combine with the detailed leaf veins, awesome shaped labels, and stand-alone leaf dies! Celebrate the fall season by sharing your creations using the thankful greetings to express joy and gratitude. We featured the AUTUMN LEAVES BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER for a colorful outdoorsy look! There are step-by-step instructions for SIX projects...four card designs and two sweet favor projects! See more details HERE!