Wow! First of December already!!! This year has flown by! It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. I love this color combination as an alternative to traditional Christmas colors!
And I’ve had this idea in my head to use the detailed Christmas tree and snowflake from Christmas Lights Stamp Set as an angel and this was the perfect time!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Fresh Freesia cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White cardstock was embossed with the Merry Melody Embossing Folder and added to the front of the base card.
- The tree from Christmas Lights stamp set was stamped with Versamark on Fresh Freesia cardstock and embossed with Silver Embossing Powder, then cut with the Twinkling Lights Dies.
- The snowflake from Christmas Lights stamp set was stamped with Balmy Blue Ink on Balmy Blue cardstock and punched with the Decorative Circle Punch, then cut in half for the angel wings. They were adhered behind the “dress”.
- The head was cut with the second to smallest Stitched Shapes circle die from Basic White and So Saffron cardstocks (sorry, I needed a natural hair color so added to the color combo). The So Saffron circle was hand-cut for hair and adhered to the Basic White circle. The face was hand drawn with the Basic Black Marker and cheeks with Fresh Freesia Stampin’ Blends.
- The halo was cut with the smallest Stitched Shapes circle from Silver Foil and added behind the head.
- The Iridescent Trim was tied in a bow and added to the “neck” with a couple Mini Glue Dots.
- Merry Wishes from Window Wishes stamp set was stamped with Balmy Blue Ink on 1/2 x 3 piece of Basic White and ends trimmed at an angle.
Yep…festive and FUN! Go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary
Stamps: Christmas Lights, Window Wishes (greeting)
Ink: Balmy Blue, Fresh Freesia, Versamark
Cardstock: Fresh Freesia, Basic White, Balmy Blue, So Saffron, Silver Foil
Accessories: Twinkling Lights Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Merry Melody Embossing Folder, Decorative Circle Punch, Iridescent Trim, Silver Embossing Powder, Adhesives
Use HOST CODE: GWQPRERQ
Welcome Easter and Spring with Stampin' Up!'s EXCELLENT EGGS BUNDLE featuring a sweet bunny and different sized Easter eggs all ready for you to decorate! You won't get messy with this variety of EXCELLENT EGGS DIES to cut and color your eggs! There are additional die pieces to provide curves, zig zags and scallop accents, along with spring-time sentiments! We've combined the EXCELLENT EGGS BUNDLE with the soft pastel colors in the LIGHTER THAN AIR 6x6 DESIGNER PAPER! Our new Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO small table favor ideas for any spring occasion! See more details HERE!
Make someone their favorite beverage card or project by personalizing it using Stampin' Up!'s LATTE LOVE BUNDLE! This bundle is available now for demonstrators to preorder and to customers beginning March 1st as part of the new Online Exclusives offering! The hot chocolate and coffee art images are sure to bring a smile to their face. Plus, you can easily express your gratitude with the heartfelt sentiments. Combine the fun coffee mug, beans, spatters and coffee ring images with the French Press and Coffee Pot LATTE LOVE DIES in your choice of colors! We've added the coordinating A LATTE LOVE DESIGNER PAPER for even more fun iconic beverage-themed ideas! Our Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO gift certificate ideas! See more details here!
Stampin' Up!'s PLANTED PARADISE STAMP SET is lots of fun to mix and match and will take your love of plants to the next level! Combine the leaves, foliage and pots for an organic vibe to your projects that just might improve your mood and reduce your stress...and relax the recipient, too! This PLANTED PARADISE CARD COLLECTION is also a little different! We have gone all out on the INSIDE of each card to coordinate with the outside! (Tip: Since the finished inside COULD be used as an outside card idea, we are actually giving you 12 card design ideas...what a bargain!) We've added the PERENNIAL POSTAGE STAMP SET AND DIES to give you a variety of greetings and basic background shapes for these inside/outside cards! The POETIC EXPRESSIONS DESIGNER PAPER we used provides a soothing, muted look, too! See more details here!