Wow! First of December already!!! This year has flown by! It’s Thursday and you know that means it is time for a Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge. I love this color combination as an alternative to traditional Christmas colors!
And I’ve had this idea in my head to use the detailed Christmas tree and snowflake from Christmas Lights Stamp Set as an angel and this was the perfect time!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Fresh Freesia cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White cardstock was embossed with the Merry Melody Embossing Folder and added to the front of the base card.
- The tree from Christmas Lights stamp set was stamped with Versamark on Fresh Freesia cardstock and embossed with Silver Embossing Powder, then cut with the Twinkling Lights Dies.
- The snowflake from Christmas Lights stamp set was stamped with Balmy Blue Ink on Balmy Blue cardstock and punched with the Decorative Circle Punch, then cut in half for the angel wings. They were adhered behind the “dress”.
- The head was cut with the second to smallest Stitched Shapes circle die from Basic White and So Saffron cardstocks (sorry, I needed a natural hair color so added to the color combo). The So Saffron circle was hand-cut for hair and adhered to the Basic White circle. The face was hand drawn with the Basic Black Marker and cheeks with Fresh Freesia Stampin’ Blends.
- The halo was cut with the smallest Stitched Shapes circle from Silver Foil and added behind the head.
- The Iridescent Trim was tied in a bow and added to the “neck” with a couple Mini Glue Dots.
- Merry Wishes from Window Wishes stamp set was stamped with Balmy Blue Ink on 1/2 x 3 piece of Basic White and ends trimmed at an angle.
Yep…festive and FUN! Go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary
Stamps: Christmas Lights, Window Wishes (greeting)
Ink: Balmy Blue, Fresh Freesia, Versamark
Cardstock: Fresh Freesia, Basic White, Balmy Blue, So Saffron, Silver Foil
Accessories: Twinkling Lights Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Merry Melody Embossing Folder, Decorative Circle Punch, Iridescent Trim, Silver Embossing Powder, Adhesives
Use HOST CODE: FFQJYT32
Create some winter magic with Stampin' Up!'s MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE! The delicate sprigs, berries and foliage combined with fine-line greetings promote winter's subtle beauty. Add a birthday, anniversary or get well greeting instead for an extra special message to warm up the cold weather months. Our MAGICAL MEADOW CARD COLLECTION features the MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE with the WINTER MEADOW DESIGNER PAPER. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX cards in this Collection! See more details HERE!
Celebrating a holly, jolly Christmas or any festive occasion is SO easy using Stampin' Up!'s MERRY & BRIGHT STAMP SET & DIES! Mix and match the word block greetings and use the two different types of lights for bright and colorful fun and instant cheer on your paper projects. Our MERRY & BRIGHT COLLECTION features the MERRY & BRIGHT BUNDLE with the MERRY BOLD & BRIGHT DESIGNER PAPER to make quick cards or decorations for any type of party. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX projects...four card designs AND two gift card holder ideas! See more details HERE!
Winter trees to Christmas scenes, our MERRIEST TREES COLLECTION has you covered! With multiple sizes of trees, presents, ornaments and stars that double as snowflakes, you won't run out of creative options using this set! We featured the MERRIEST TREES STAMP SET AND DIES with the A WALK IN THE FOREST DESIGNER PAPER to share the love of Christmas and the entire winter season. There are step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special project to use yourself, sell at craft fairs, or give away as a gift during the holidays! See more details HERE!