Hello! Welcome to the March Tour de Freaks! We are celebrating Spring and Easter this month! Perfect timing! You’ve probably just come from Dawn Olchefske’s blog…aren’t her projects fun? Continue on around to all 10 stops for some great inspiration!
I decided to use the darling Easter Lamb in the Occasions Catalog and dress her up in Jelly Bean colors! I had lots of fun coloring! Here’s the card:
For the card, my jelly bean lamb is standing on a STACK of jelly beans, made from the Balloon Builders stamp set. Like a lot of people, I bought the stamp set JUST for that jelly bean image! lol! Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Melon Mambo cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- I stamped the jelly beans in Real Red, Old Olive, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight and Pumpkin Pie…all the Brights color family, on Whisper White cardstock, then cut them out individually so I could place them as I wanted and pop up a few of them with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Easter Lamb was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White, then colored with the same Stampin’ Write colors. The cheeks were colored with Pink Pirouette Marker. I cut her out and added her to the top of the jelly bean pile with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Happy Easter was cut and added to the front with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Melon Mambo and Black Baker’s Twine was tied in a bow and added to the greeting with Mini Glue Dots.
Next up is a cute little favor…filled with jelly beans!
- I made a Pyramid Pals Thinlet Box from clear Window Sheet and left one side open to fill with Jolly Rogers Jelly Beans (I like how they match our colors!) I also snipped the top so that I could add the bamboo skewer for the greeting.
- Around the bottom of the Pyramid Box, I added a 3/4″ strip of Old Olive cardstock, cut with the Fringe Scissors, then curled the grass slightly.
- The greeting was cut and added to a bamboo skewer with Mini Glue Dots, then added thru the snipped top of the Pyramid Box. Melon Mambo and Basic Black Bakers Twine was tied around in a bow.
- Another Easter Lamb was stamped and colored the same as the card, then cut out and added on the front of the box with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
Isn’t that FUN and so sweet! My grand-daughter will get this card for Easter! I love the jelly beans and the bright colors! OK…continue on to the next stop on the Tour de Freaks and see what fabulous Wendy Weixler has in store for you!