OK…here’s another “ornament” using the Delicate Bauble Dies…in particular, the sold arabesque shape. Have I sold you on these dies yet? Did you see my GNOME, SANTA, GINGERBREAD, ELF, PENGUIN and SNOWMAN done with the same shape?
Now I’ve made a WITCH! So fun! Can you guess what I used for the nose? A triangle would have worked, but I had this die set sitting on my desk and thought I’d try it! The jagged edges and “cuts” worked perfectly. See what it is below.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Basic Black cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate cardstock was added on top.
- The Boo pattern in Cute Halloween DSP was cut to 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 and added towards the left side. A 3/4 x 4 piece of the polka dot pattern in Cute Halloween DSP was added across the bottom front.
- The witch face was cut from Granny Apple Green with the arabesque solid shape from the Delicate Baubles Dies. Another one was cut from Basic Gray cardstock and hand-trimmed to make her hair. The hat was the top of one cut from Basic Black cardstock.
- The hat band is a 1/8 strip of Rich Razzeberry. Rectangles of Daffodil Delight and Basic Black were cut for the buckle.
- The eyes are 1/4″ circles of Basic Black and the mouth is a 3/8″ circle of Basic Black. The eyebrows are strips of Basic Black.
- The nose is the top of the tree cut from the Christmas Tree Die! I cut off the trunk and it was slightly curled at the end and popped up on the face with Mini Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The greeting from Frightfully Cute was stamped with Memento Black Ink in the upper right corner. The witch face was added with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some Genial Gems were added around the greeting AND one added for the wart on her chin!
Love it! I really think the nose just MAKES this face…and the WART, of course! Yep…I have a couple more ideas floating around in my head…will see how soon I can get them out on paper!
Use HOST CODE: 3XNDPW6M
Our popular TECHNIQUES Collection is back with SIX new techniques for cards! We are featuring the upcoming BLESSINGS OF HOME STAMP SET and FLOWERS OF HOME DIES (available for demos to preorder now and customers on January 3) along with the techniques. These flower images are so pretty to color or leave monochromatic for a vintage look! We've also paired the Bundle with the HEART & HOME DESIGNER PAPER on our SIX technique card tutorials. See more details here!
Don't you LOVE a great tree set? We do! In this bundle, use the trees singly or build an entire forest! They aren't just for Christmas cards, this bundle can be used year-around to build a woodsy scene. For our Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s WHIMSICAL TREES STAMP SET and CHRISTMAS TREE DIES with the WHIMSY & WONDER DESIGNER PAPER to create three cards (one a special fold card) and a fabulous 3D project you can't wait to use...just in time for the holidays! See more details HERE!